If you follow me on facebook, twitter, or here then you know my love for my furbabies is no secret. I don’t even try to hide it. Not even close. Cute levels run high and I cannot contain myself. They tilt their head the right way and I’m awing. They whine just right and I’m running to find the nearest camera, praying they’ll do it again. 95% of my pictures are of them. I'm convinced their sleeping is the cutest thing on the planet. Oh, and those "please love me" eyes! They get me every time. Yes, yes - I'm one of those parents. Obsessive? Maybe. Addicted? Probably. Head-over-heels in love with my lovebugs? Most definitely.
Why should America's birthday be any different? ;)
So, between a cloudy, cold, rainy afternoon spent shopping, the most delicious mug of vanilla Chai ever (fair trade organic from Starbucks!), and watching Independence Day I found time to center my attention on my fuzzballs. Now, I don't just mean in bundles of cuddles. (Not that they'd have minded.) Goodness, I spoil them all the time like that. I mean in my attire. I kept a piece of them with me all day, even when we weren't home.
I have one pup-tastic 4th of July t-shirt.
|I go weak in the knees for anything cute.|
I am indeed the girl who has a graphic tee specifically for a holiday. (It's kind of a wonder I don't have a Christmas sweater. I want to change this!) How it came to be mine is quite simple. Dad picked up the shirt, held it out to me and announced: "Look, it's Peaches!" (He knows me so well.) Staring up at me from the navy blue background was an adorable likeness of a white fluffball, much like my beloved soul-buddy. There was no questioning. I was sold.
Sometimes I think: if I take this many pictures of my dogs, if I am this in love with them, I cannot begin to fathom how much more it'll be when I have children of my own some day.
- Shirt: Walmart (bought years ago during one of their post-holiday sales)
- Shorts: Khols (bought five years ago during a sale - two pairs for the price of one! I just love the weathered look, it fits my inner-country soul)
- Sweater: Khols (bought years ago, again, on sale.)
- Sandals: Vionic by Orthaheel, purchased at Lamey Wellehan earlier this year. (Side note: these shoes are normally a bit pricey, especially for my bargain shopping soul. However, I am flat footed and suffer a lot from back pain. So I have recently decided that quality is more important than bargain buys...however, this doesn't mean I cannot have both! These sandals were normally upwards of $100, depending on style. Lamey was having a sale when I bought them, though, which means I paid $60. I also recently discovered that Lamey Wellehan has an outlet store about an hour from my house - which means even better discounts.)
- Earrings: yard-sale find.
|When in Maine, wear lobsters!|
|Literally the most comfortable things I have ever, ever worn|
on my feet. I don't now how I spent so many years
buying cheap shoes and suffering through them.
Lastly, because I mentioned my pups, here are some webcam photographs I took with them while watching Independence Day. They - uh - didn't quite go as planned. Oh, the life of a Wackadoodle.
|This wasn't quite the snuggle shot I intended.|
The goofball first decided to contort her body and lay her head on my shoulder
for a few minutes. (It looks so uncomfortable, but she was so happy! Her
tail was going a mile-a-minute.)
|... Then she dive-bombed my cheek with kisses.|
I couldn't help myself but cuddle with her and (attempt to) get a
picture (er- more like a "lick-ture").
Peaches is so enthusiastic about life!
|They see face. They can reach face. They must lick face.|
You cannot tell they're sisters at all.
If I haven’t said it already: happy July, everyone! (Also, did anyone else do a double take the first time they had to write 7.4.2014? Yikes! We're in the 7s already? The end of summer is approaching too quickly!)