(At least until the initial shock or sting is through.)
After experiencing a blow this evening, I found myself diving for chocolate and feel good movies. (Good ol' faithful emotional numbing.) But when my sweet tooth got an ache, I found myself diving for something a bit more...unique.
|Gluten-free multi-grain bagel, German mustard, melted cheese and chia seeds.|
It got me thinking about strange food combinations. And researching them.
Here are some of mine, in addition to what is displayed above:
- Pickles and peanut butter. (This is a recent one. I made it up for a character in a story and then found out it was real! Google images is full of pictures - check it out!)
- Pickles and cheese on crackers. (Or, for something a little less weird: kalamata olives and cheese)
- Ranch dressing and pizza. (My brother introduced this to me years ago - any creamy, white dressing gives extra flavor. If you haven't tried it, you should give it a shot!)
- Peanut butter with brown rice syrup. (I completely stumbled on this while baking. I had a bit of both on my fingers and licked it so that I got them both at the same time. Newest obsession by far!!)
- Tuna fish sandwiches or chicken salad sandwiches with potato chips between the layers of bread. (It adds a salty, flavor-filled crunch!)
- Black bean, pepper and mango salad. (Sometimes I find myself eating this in winter because it feels like spring in my mouth.)
- Peanut butter and banana. (I love PB and banana sandwiches! I always receive some shocked comments every time I whip one out.)
Here are some links I found of other really unique food combinations:
Ketchup and banana? Banana and mayo? Mayo and peanut butter?!
What kind of strange food combinations do you love?