Sunday, April 20, 2014

Happy Easter

I did not anticipate doing anything today other than bury my nose in my books, enduring waves of terror and crushing anxiety as I realize how close my deadlines are and how important and vital these grades are for my GPA. And yet, after a morning of homework and school, an unexpected offer from a dear friend left my family and I with Easter plans.


 Getting to spend Easter evening with two of my friends - they're sisters - and their family was the highlight to the day. I cannot have imagined a better way to celebrate this day than with a family I have known so long that they are practically family.  They are wonderful, loving, giving people. Whenever we've needed them, they're there. My relationship with the two sisters (who are my friends) has only grown as the years go on, even after periods of letting it accidentally slip away. Our friendship is stronger today than it ever has been before. They each have a special place in my heart, forever and always. I am so grateful and humbled that they opened their hearts and home to us this evening to share this day. 


Friendship is full of synchronicity.

While at the transfer station today dad picked up three brand new, never used glass bottles. For free! The guy was just going to throw them out if we hadn't brought them home with us.  (Say, what?!) I have been wanting one of these for a very long time. (We have great hiking thermoses we use daily, but I'd rather use them for their true purpose or on very hot days, as they keep water cool.) I'm so super excited to have them now! However, my friends and I had to giggle...True friendship is when your water bottle (that you only just received!) matches their nails (which they painted this morning!).


My newest addiction: zucchini pasta. Zucchini pasta is the best food creation ever!
I now want to eat it all the time. All day, every day.

Lastly, I have discovered my newest addiction: zucchini pasta. (Okay, not discovered. Rediscovered. We ate this for the first time last summer, but kind of forgot about it.) Tonight I pulled out our spiraller. I was craving pasta, but it is late and I did not want that heaviness....so I compromised. We're going to need to grow a lot of zucchini's this year. Mmm.

Zucchini pasta, tomato sauce, goat's cheese,
and beet greens. Yum! 

Today is a good day.

Happy Easter, everyone! I hope your day was as filled with love, in every corner, as mine was.

No comments:

Post a Comment